TERMS & CONDITIONS
Below you will find the terms and conditions for both entering the PPA Independent Publisher Awards 2022, and for booking to attend any part of the PPA Independent Publisher event on November 25 2022. Please make sure you have read these before submitting an entry or making a booking.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ENTERING
The PPA Independent Publisher Awards 2021 (the "Awards") are administered by the Professional Publishers Association Limited ("PPA").
1. The Awards are open to United Kingdom based publishers of work originally published for and addressing the UK market. Material first published in other media, such as newspapers and books, is not eligible.
2. For the purposes of the Awards, “Publication” is defined as any journal that is published on a regular basis, at least twice a year; and is sold or distributed independently of other publications. Newspaper supplements are not eligible.
3. The decisions on whether the requirements are met will be made by the PPA and will be final.
4. The eligibility period for entries is between August 1, 2021 and July 31, 2022.
5. Persons completing entries commit that they are authorised to do so and agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions and the "Entering", "Categories" and booking form sections of the PPA Independent Publisher Conference & Awards 2022 website.
6. The deadline for award entries is Friday September 9 at 12pm. Award entries must be submitted online. PPA reserves the right to cancel those entries (including supporting documentation) not received in full by Friday September 9 at 12pm or by any extended entry deadline which may be advertised at a later date.
7. Award entries cost £85+VAT for Independent Publisher Members with an annual turnover of less than £10m; per entry and are not refundable ("Award Fees"), £170+VAT for Independent Publisher non-members with an annual turnover of less than £10m.
8. Award entries will be confirmed by PPA once the completed booking is received by PPA. Confirmation by PPA of the Award entry forms a binding commitment for payment of the full Award Fee(s) by the entrant.
9. All entry fees must be paid in GB Pounds Sterling (£).
10. If an invoice is requested, payment will be required on the earlier of a) 30 days from the date of invoice and b) 60 days before the start of the Awards (the "Due Date"). If payment is not received within these required time limits, PPA reserves the right to cancel the entry without notice. Payment may be made by credit card or debit card, or bank transfer. Payments made by credit card will be subject to a 3% surcharge. When paying by bank transfer, all bank fees and money transfer costs must be prepaid by the transmitter. Please indicate your Booking Reference and surname as a reference on all bank transfers and communications.
11. Entries may be withdrawn but are not refundable.
12. More than one category can be entered, but there are limitations within certain categories (please see individual category criteria for details).
13. Descriptions of the winner's submissions and those on the shortlist will be published in connection with the Awards; by entering, you agree to reasonable use of your company and/or publication name in promotional material and news reporting.
14. Winning entries will be displayed at the Awards ceremony and on PPA websites; and as conditions of entry and/or acceptance of any award a licence is granted to PPA for these purposes.
15. Information supplied as part of entries will be treated as confidential and only used for the purposes of the Awards.
16. Judges have the right to determine the standard of an Award and to withhold an Award in any category if, in their view, entries are not of sufficient merit.
17. Judges may reallocate an entry to a different category.
18. The judges' decisions are final, and no judge will enter into conversation or correspondence about decisions that have been made.
19. The winner of each category will be announced at the Awards ceremony and lunch due to take place on Friday November 25 2022. There will be no prior disclosure.
20. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties. In entering into this agreement, the parties have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in this agreement.
21. To the full extent allowed by law and insofar as it is reasonable to do so, entrants to the Awards agree not to hold PPA liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred in connection with entering the Awards, including consequential (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the event leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of profit, through entering the Awards, attending the Awards, alteration of the Awards schedule, cancellation of the Awards, or any error or omission on the part of PPA. This provision does not reduce or restrict PPA's liability for death or personal injury caused by PPA's negligence or liability for fraud on the part of PPA.
22. These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with English law. The place of performance is London. Any disputes arising in relation to the interpretation of these terms and conditions or in relation to any agreement of which these terms and conditions form part, which cannot be settled amicably, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Professional Publishers Association Limited Registered in England no. 00132310 VAT Registration no. 341 1391 90
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR BOOKING
1. The PPA Independent Publisher Conference & Awards 2022 is an event administered by the Professional Publishers Association Limited ("PPA"), incorporating a morning conference and an afternoon awards ceremony. It is scheduled to take place on November 25, 2022.
2. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
(a) the "Event" means the Conference and/or Awards;
(b) "Organiser" means the Professional Publishers Association Limited (PPA), a company registered in England, company number 00132310, registered address White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF.;
(c) "Delegate" means an individual, whether part of a group or otherwise, by whom (or on behalf of whom) a booking of a place to attend (attendance at) the Event has been made which has been confirmed by the Organiser and where the relevant Registration Fee paid in full (including VAT) to the Organiser (for the Awards) and includes those registered as PPA Member Delegates; PPA Affiliate Member Delegates and non-Member Delegates;
(d) "Registration Fee" means all monies owing to PPA for attendance at the Awards; and
(e) "Substitution" means any circumstance where a Delegate who has paid in full is unable to attend the Awards, and arranges for another individual to attend the Awards in their place, in agreement with the Organiser.
3. By registering for and/or attending the Event, all Delegates agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions. It is the Delegate's responsibility to read and understand these Terms and Conditions.
4. In order to attend the Event as a Delegate, participants must pay in full or have paid in full on their behalf the relevant Registration Fee immediately on booking or by the Due Date (see 8 below).
5. The level of the Registration Fee will depend upon whether the Delegate wishes to secure one attendance place at the Awards.
6. The Registration Fee does not include any travel costs, or any costs of accommodation. The Registration Fee relates solely to attendance at the Event.
7. All Registration Fees must be paid in GB Pounds Sterling (£).
8. If an invoice is requested, payment will be required on the earlier of a) 30 days from the date of invoice and b) sixty days before the start of The Event (the "Due Date"). In all cases, if payment is not received within these required time limits, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the booking without notice. Payment may be made by credit card or bank transfer. Credit cards will be charged in GB Pounds Sterling (£) and will be subject to a 3% surcharge. When paying by bank transfer, all bank fees and money transfer costs must be prepaid by the transmitter. Please indicate your Booking Reference and surname as a reference on all bank transfers and communications.
9. Details of the Delegate place at the Event will be confirmed by the Organiser once the completed booking is received by the Organiser. Confirmation by the Organiser of the delegate place at the Event forms a binding commitment for payment of the full relevant Registration fees by the delegate.
10. Delegate places at the Event are limited. Places are subject to availability.
11. Cancellations prior to October 14, 2022 will be refunded [less an administration charge of 20% of the total Registration Fees]. The Organiser regrets that cancellations received after this date cannot be accepted and no refunds will be made.
12. Substitutions can be requested by giving written notice to the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to accept or deny a request for Substitution.
13. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel your Delegate place at any time and for whatever reason (including without limitation cancellation of the Event) on repayment of the lesser of the Registration Fee, or if the Registration Fee has not been paid in full, any amount actually received by the Organiser; and this repayment shall be in full and final settlement of any claims against the Organiser by you relating to your Delegate place at the Event.
14. In the event of fire, flood or without limit other causes that the Organiser reasonably believes to be substantial or that are beyond the Organiser's control, including COVID-19 restrictions being put in place to prevent the event from going ahead, the Organiser reserves the right to change the times, dates and the venues of the Event, without incurring any liability to you.
15. The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend or cancel sessions or events at the Event at any time.
16. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. These Terms and Conditions, together with the registration form, constitute the entire agreement of the parties. In entering into this agreement, the parties have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in this agreement. Each Delegate shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them in all respects.
18. These Terms and Conditions may not be modified, amended or rescinded, in whole or in part, except by written amendments signed by both parties.
19. To the full extent allowed by law and insofar as it is reasonable to do so, the Delegate agrees not to hold the Organiser liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by the Delegate during the course of the Event, including consequential (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the event leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of profit, through registering for the Event, attending the Event, alteration of the Event schedule, cancellation of the Event, or any error or omission on the part of the Organiser.
20. The Delegate by accepting these Terms and Conditions hereby warrants that he is attending the Event in the course of his or her business and indemnifies the Organiser and its servants and agents against and hold it harmless from all or any loss or damage, injury, actions, proceedings or claims arising from any act or omission of the Delegate during the course of the Event.
21. Delegates are responsible for taking appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the Event. Where the Delegate is travelling from outside of the United Kingdom to attend the Event, appropriate travel insurance should be purchased independently and in advance of any travel or travel bookings.
22. Any personal information provided as part of the Event registration is used for the purpose for which it has been provided.
23. Data Protection: In completing and submitting the registration form, Delegates agree (or it is agreed by the booker on their behalf) that the Organiser may periodically contact Delegates with details of events and services that may be of interest to them. The Organiser may also pass their names and contact details on to other organisations within the Organiser's group or other third parties such as sponsors.
24. If Delegates do not wish to be contacted for any of the purposes outlined in clause 23 above they may opt out using the tick boxes provided during the online registration process for the Event.
25. In the event of inappropriate behaviour by any Delegate in the view of the Organiser or the Event venue operator, the Delegate may be refused entry or asked to leave and excluded from the Event without refund or compensation.
26. Delegates may be asked to undergo reasonable security searches at the Event venue.